We are all aware of what is happening as Coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads across the globe. During the Ebola outbreak in 2014 health officials were predicting over 1 million people would die in three months. The Lord led us to pray Psalm 91 every day for 91 days and invite others to do the same. We did. The very same week we completed the 91 days an article in the New York Times declared the Ebola virus outbreak finished in its epicenter, Liberia — much to the amazement of scientists and health officials. Our Lord is mighty to save.
We feel the Lord is calling us to pray 91 for 91 again. Not just for the end of the virus and for healing of those sick and for protection of our Young Life kids, staff, volunteers and friends across the globe, but that our Young Life leaders would have courage and vision to find a way to keep reaching and teaching kids in the midst of this struggle, regardless of whether schools close or clubs get limited or camps are called off. That we would find God opening doors and serve courageously through them and do what the Spirit calls us to do in His power and protection. That kids and the world would see Jesus lifted up and feel His power and love when they least expect it. And pray that believers across the globe in other churches and missions would do the same.
- Join us and pray Psalm 91 for 91 days – if you miss a day just pick up where you left off.
- Invite your church, your Campaigner group, your Bible study, your Sunday school class—anyone you know who prays—to join us.
- Ask them to ask their churches and their friends to join us as well.
- Post this on your Instagram, Facebook, Twitter—wherever people might be invited to join.
- Watch the video below—we kicked off praying Psalm 91 for 91 days in Africa tonight at our worship service/graduation at our RIKA senior staff training.
Come join us.
Let’s humble ourselves and lift our hands and hearts to the Lord.
91 for 91 for kids and the world.
Thank you. Lord Jesus—let us see your power and glory.
Group Senior Vice President
Young Life Africa/Middle East/India Sub-Continent/Asia Pacific
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania